Mountainview Makarora Accommodation
Experience the stunning views of our awe-inspiring mountains & river valley
With the best views in the valley, Mountainview Makarora Accommodation is ideally situated to stay between Fox & Franz Josef Glaciers to the north & Queenstown to the south. Surrounded by the Mt Aspiring World Heritage National Park our accommodation offers a secluded retreat in the midst of the Southern Alps with magnificent mountain & river valley views.
We offer our guests self contained accommodation and/or B&B to suit all travellers.
SUMMER HOLIDAY SPECIAL
Stay 2 nights and get 15% discount on the 2nd night – enter STAY2 in the Offer Code box
Enjoy a peaceful, tranquil stay!!
Kickback & de-stress in the idyllic relaxing atmosphere and chill out on the deck with a drink. Delight in the antics of our native birds : Kahu (Hawk), Kaka, Karearea (Falcon), Kereru, Korimako (Bellbird) Miromiro (Tomtit), Ruru (Morepork), Piwakawaka (Fantail) & Tui. View the local sheep & cattle 20m from your room.
While staying at Mountainview Makarora Accommodation try the wilderness activities:
- Enjoy the world famous Blue Pools & Haast Highway walks
- Take an exhilarating River Safari on the Makarora & Wilkin Rivers
- Fish the pristine Makarora, Wilkin & Young rivers for rainbow & brown trout
- Hike the local tramping tracks – particularly the popular Gillespie Pass circuit
- Try the acclaimed Makarora FLY – WALK – JETBOAT adventures: Siberia Wildnerness Adventure AND Siberia Experience
ABOUT Mountainview Makarora Accommodation
Makarora has long been an ancient traditional healing village for our Waitaha Nation who were the first peoples of this land. That healing wairua (spirit) permeates Mountainview Makarora Accommodation… come stay & experience it!